Oct 22, 2019
This is our first content warning for the Accountants on Purpose podcast, this conversation with Professor Andrew Conway discusses mental health and suicide, if this episode raises any issues for you please seek help, there are contact details for Lifeline and Beyond Blue below.
Andrew Conway is a top gun in the field of accounting! He is the CEO of the Institute Of Public Accountants and a Professor at Deakin University and Shanghai University. When it comes to accolades, Andrew has a very long list including being named 2014 Young Executive of The Year by AFR BOSS Magazine and Deakin University Young Alumni of the Year, 2015. Andrew has a sincere passion for the accounting profession and professional education.
In this episode we cover:
• What has been his career highlight to date and the challenges he met along the way
• Becoming the youngest CEO ever
appointed to a public entity in Australia
• What is the Australian Small Business White Paper
• The welfare of clients and how accountants are often the first point of contact for clients in distress
And many more! Check out the full episode.
[FOOD FOR THOUGHT]
• “just take a breath and zoom out and don’t get too far down the rabbit warren”
• “family is the routine that is the constant for me”
• “the one thing you can’t fake is emotional intelligence”
For Crisis Support Please Reach Out To -
Lifeline - call 13 11 14 or text 0477 13 11 14
Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636
[ABOUT THE HOST]
Sarah Bartholomeusz is the founder of You Legal, an Adelaide-based law firm that provides business leaders with the confidence and certainty they need to make bold decisions within their organisations. You Legal provides top tier consultative legal services to corporate clients, including ASX listed companies.